You can rest assured us for the safest and superfast deliveries of the product range that we carry out in the dedicated time frame. To ensure complete safety of the products from diverse damaging factors such as rain, dust, sunlight, moisture, etc., we keep the lot in our capacious warehouse before dispatch.
Uses : Phenytoin is used to control seizures (fits) in epilepsy patients. It is also used to prevent and treat seizures (fits) in patients who are having surgery in the brain or nervous system.How it worksPhenytoin belongs to a class of medication called anti-convulsants. It acts by slowing down the abnormal electrical activity of the brain that causes seizures.DosageAlways follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration for your indication.
- Adults : 200-500 mg daily either at one time or 2-3 divided doses.
- Children : 5 mg/kg of body weight daily either at one time or 2-3 divided doses.
Common side effects
- Common : Drowsiness, lack of energy, depression, lack of coordination or jerky movements, slurred speech, confusion or memory problems, nausea, vomiting, constipation, nervousness, rash, headache or sleep problems.
- Uncommon : Suicidal thoughts, fever or jaundice like symptoms, sores on skin or mouth ulcers/sores, bruising or bleeding, shedding of skin, swelling in the glands, sensitivity to light, inflammation of tendons, softening of bones and joint pain, anemia, severe stomach pain, sores around eyes, Stevens-Johnson syndrome (severe skin rashes which are red and start and then turn purple causing pain and burning on skin and spreading to the rest of the body causing blistering and peeling), increased glucose level.
Who should not take
- Individuals who are allergic to phenytoin or any other ingredient of the tablet or solution like sucrose or ethanol.
- Patients with porphyria (disturbance of metabolism that can be seen as disorders of the skin or other organs).
- Pregnant or breast-feeding.